My name is Siân and I am a children’s book illustrator. I use scratchy ink nibs and delicate watercolours to create lively, quirky characters. I am never happier than when going out on sketching expeditions to draw animals and children. I also find inspiration in my love of comedy, history, puppets and theatre.
For literary work, I am proud to be represented by Felicity Trew at the Caroline Sheldon Literary Agency. View my portfolio on their website.
I have a proven ability to deliver high quality creative work to tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Illustration: watercolour, ink, pencil, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Sequential visual storytelling. Integrating text and image, effective use of layout and page turns.
- Appropriate written content targeted at children in the Foundation Stage and Key Stages 1/2.
- Client-focused. Conscientious, prompt, close attention to detail.
- Hand-lettering, paper-cutting, cards, decorating dolls houses.
- Puppetry: projected line art, shadow, found object, rod, marionette and glove (courses and showcases at Little Angel Theatre, Islington).
- DBS-checked, Child Protection and Safeguarding trained (2016).
- Cambridge School of Art, Anglia Ruskin University – M.A. Children’s Book Illustration
- Milton Keynes College – Foundation Diploma Art and Design
- University College London – B.A. Hons. History of Art